Youth who meet the following criteria can access the Safehouse:
- 16-18 year-old youth in need of shelter
- Looking to make a positive change in your life
- Willing to actively work towards positive change in your life
- Must want to be here by your own choice
- Must be respectful to staff and other youth in the house
- Must be 72 hours clean of hard drugs
- Must not have stayed at either Vancouver Youth Safehouse in the past 7 days
Directions Safehouse– 604-877-1234 or 1-877-609-2200
Located in Vancouver.Safe House is a voluntary 7-day co-ed residential program for youth aged 16 – 18 years who are absent from home and street-involved or in danger of becoming so. 24-hour voluntary intake, provides 3 meals a day, hard drug free and goal-oriented service.
Located in Surrey. Safe house with 6 beds and meals for at-risk, self-referred youth ages 16 to 18 of all nations. ANYSH is a 7-day emergency stay, with the possibility of extension based on weekly review. Each resident is assigned a key worker who assists the youth in developing an individualized service plan of daily goals to secure housing.
Staff assist youth to locate job opportunities, training, housing, and schooling. Youth are encouraged to be goal oriented, and are supported with individualized case planning when appropriate. Youth must be clean/sober 72 hours, with no drug use at the shelter.